We are delighted to be involved in conducting weddings and would be very happy to talk with you if you are planning your wedding and interested in being married in All Saints. We want to support and encourage all those considering getting married, and we help couples prepare for their wedding by working with them on the service itself, and by offering marriage preparation which will get them thinking about how to build a strong marriage. Our church makes a wonderful and practical setting for a wedding and we can discuss all sorts of options like organ and other music, bells and flowers.
There are some requirements for church weddings which are set by UK law, so we are only able to marry a couple if either the man or the woman (or both) has a ‘qualifying connection’ with this parish or this church, as follows:
- You currently live in the parish of All Saints Ripley, or have at some time lived in the parish for 6 months or more.
- You have regularly attended Sunday church services at All Saint for 6 months or more.
- You were baptised or prepared for confirmation in the parish of All Saints Ripley.
- One of your parents has, during your lifetime, lived in the parish of All Saints Ripley, or attended All Saints church Sunday services regularly for 6 months or more.
- Your parents or grandparents were married in All Saints Church (or married before 1985 in St John’s Church, Derby Road, Marehay).
Also if either of you does not hold a UK passport or has been married before we will need to have further discussions and you are encouraged to get in touch as early as possible.
Please contact Jenny Roberts in the church office if you would like to discuss your wedding.