We are a church in Ripley in Derbyshire, a market town just north of Derby. We are a warm and welcoming community of Christians from the town and wider area who love God and love Ripley and are looking for God’s blessing for this town and area. We are part of the Church of England, and our church of All Saints is the parish church for most of the town of Ripley and some of the nearby area. We long to see our lives and communities transformed through the love of Jesus.
Coronavirus update January 2021
We are all still affected by the spread of COVID-19, and none of the meetings that are usually held in the church are currently happening. Currently the church building is not open during the week, and there are no services in church at the weekend – instead we have a 10am Sunday service online. Despite limitations, the church community remains active and supportive – in prayer, in conversations by phone and online, and in practical help where needed.
We have a weekly online service at 10am each Sunday. This is available through Facebook or YouTube, and ‘premiered’ at 9:45am if you want to join in alongside others. It can also be viewed at any other time.
Some resources that you may find useful:
- Our main online activity is on our Facebook Page – you can access this whether or not you are a Facebook user. In our Videos section you can watch whole services from past Sundays, and some other past services and video messages.
- If you have trouble accessing the Facebook or YouTube resources, some videos can also be viewed and downloaded from our website Videos section.
- Our “Rhythm of Daily Prayer” booklet is available in our Leaflets section.
- You can share in the service of Compline (Night Prayer) from the Rhythm of Daily Prayer booklet with Revds John & Rachel Wigram, available here from our videos section.
- You can read some reflections on self-isolation by Revd Rachel Wigram in our Articles section.
- You can listen to sermons preached in church earlier this year, or from further in the past, in our Sermons section.
- Many more resources from the Church of England are available on their website.
There are many other resources available online, and we will update update this page with more information in due course.
Let’s keep finding different ways to share love and look out for each other – maybe pick up the phone or send a message – and let’s find ways to remain connected to God, our rock and our redeemer.