We are a church in Ripley in Derbyshire, a market town just north of Derby. We are a warm and welcoming community of Christians from the town and wider area who love God and love Ripley and are looking for God’s blessing for this town and area. We are part of the Church of England, and our church of All Saints is the parish church for most of the town of Ripley and some of the nearby area. We long to see our lives and communities transformed through the love of Jesus.
Coronavirus update September 2020
We are all still affected by the spread of COVID-19, and none of the meetings that have usually been held in the church are currently able to happen. We have a service in church at 10am each Sunday (see below), and are open for quiet prayer on a Wednesday morning between 10am and 12. Despite limitations, the church community remains active and supportive – in prayer, in conversations by phone and online, and in practical help where needed.
At the start of September we began holding Sunday services in church again, meeting at 10am, with a variety of service styles, and with Holy Communion generally every other week. We have careful arrangements in place for everyone’s safety, and we ask that those attending arrive in good time and wear a face-covering, and that you don’t come to church if you are feeling ill. If you are not joining us in the building, we have a very similar online Sunday service each week at the same time of 10am – see below.
Some resources that you may find useful:
- Our main online activity is on our Facebook Page – you can access this whether or not you are a Facebook user. In our Videos section you can watch whole services from past Sundays, and some ‘thoughts for the day’. A little before 10am each Sunday you can watch our Sunday service along with others in the ‘Live’ section.
- If you have trouble accessing the Facebook resources, some videos can also be viewed and downloaded from our website Videos section.
- Our “Rhythm of Daily Prayer” booklet is available in our Leaflets section.
- You can share in the service of Compline (Night Prayer) from the Rhythm of Daily Prayer booklet with Revds John & Rachel Wigram, available here from our videos section.
- You can read some reflections on self-isolation by Revd Rachel Wigram in our Articles section.
- You can listen to sermons preached in church earlier this year, or from further in the past, in our Sermons section.
- Many more resources from the Church of England are available on their website.
There are many other resources available online, and we will update update this page with more information in due course.
Let’s keep finding different ways to share love and look out for each other – maybe pick up the phone or send a message – and let’s find ways to remain connected to God, our rock and our redeemer.